Setting the Stage for New Milestones
2021 was a year of ambition for the Institute for Sustainability and Energy at Northwestern (ISEN). Faculty joined together in collaborative research and forged new coalitions, all to increase sustainability at the University and at local and global levels. Our first cohort of Master of Science in Energy and Sustainability (MSES) graduate students graduated with 100% career placement, while in the fall the second cohort was welcomed on campus in-person. These students come from diverse backgrounds and careers, but together are pivoting toward a more sustainable and equitable future and are already making their mark through award programs and practicum experiences.
2021 had many highlights, but here are a few.
- Sustainable Energy Infrastructure for Ethiopian Education
- $1.6M Awarded to Northwestern-Industry Partnership for Circular Plastics Innovation
- New LED Testing Capabilities at GIANTFab Lab
- Northwestern Teams Help the City of Chicago Plan New Equitable Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
- Northwestern’s Class of 2021: Grads to Watch in Energy and Sustainability
- Northwestern Energy and Sustainability Graduate Students Win MIT Energy Hack
- Climate and Human Health Connections Highlighted at Global Conference
- Northwestern University Joins Global Infrastructure and Nature Coalition at World Conservation Congress
- Partnership Explores Legal Avenues for River Protection in Nepal