All GIANTFab users are encouraged to join the GIANTFab Slack workspace. You must use your @northwestern.edu or @u.northwestern.edu to join.
Manuals and SOPs
Manufacturers’ system manuals are provided for reference by trained users.
- NiLo Benchtop Spincoater Manual
- SCS Spincoater Manual
- Vacuum Oven Temperature Controller
- UV/Ozone Cleaner
- Inficon Deposition Controller
- Organic Deposition Source Temperature Controller
Standard Operating Procedures are required for completion of user training. SOPs are provided as Google Docs and are updated periodically.
Latest update: February 5th, 2021
- Proper PPE for glovebox use
- Using NUcore to reserve an instrument or purchase an item
- Bringing items in and out of the glovebox
- Cleanliness and cleanup
- Use and storage of solvents in the spincoater box
- Use of the spincoater
- Use of the vacuum oven
- Use of the Wenesco hot plate
- Using the evaporator
- Using the testing system to test PVs (solar cells)
- Using the testing system to test LEDs
- Waste management